Friday, July 8, 2011

Where Do I Put My Card?

Gift Card Holders can be an excellent way to add an accent to your reception that goes with your theme.  Gone are the days of the traditional card box:

I’ve seen the bird cage A LOT lately and think it is very cute and can go with many themes, but I wish brides would try something different!  Depending on the look you are going for, there are SO many different options that you can experiment with.  You may even take a piece of junk and dress it up to fit your wedding.  Here are a few that I’ve seen, and some I haven’t that I would like to see!

An idea I love and encourage: The Vintage Suitcase or Trunk

Going along with the vintage theme, a typewriter case.  Also really cool if you have the typewrite and people can type you notes.
I don't see it as much as I would expect at the winery, but a wine crate is an easy card holder!  You can also get them personalized which would make a great keepsake. Really, you can do any sort of crate...like a vintage Coke crate.
If you want to stick with the winery/wine theme, you could always make a slit in the top of a mini wine barrel
A Mailbox...yep...put cards where they are supposed to go!
But if you're really set on the birdcage, you could always go with a variation...like a lantern?

0 comments:

Post a Comment